All doctors of all specialties are invited to join the affair as the organization has prepared a well balanced sessions for great learning! As the one in charge of inviting foreign speakers it was pretty tough but finally there will be 6 foreign speakers- all world renowned in their own field of interest who will join us in the event.
- Dr Hossein Gharib of the Mayo Clinic , my friend and my great boss… a respected expert in the field of Thyroid Diseases ,who is also presently the President Elect of the American College of Endocrinology will talk of FAQ on Thyroid Diseases and another symposium on Controversies of Thyroid Cancer.
- DR Steven Petak who is the Past President of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist will talk on Updates on Osteoporosis as well as Vitamin D: Bone and Beyond.
- Dr James Gavin of Emory University will talk about The new Drug for Diabetes called Byetta and a plenary on Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Dr Cecil Lansang of California who will talk and teach participants on the Thyroid Ultrasonography;
- Dr Melvin Tan from the National University of Singapore will talk on Diabetes and Hypertension
- Dr JJ Mukherjee also from the National University of Singapore will talk on Updates in Endocrine Hypertension and Male Hypogonadism
Prominent Local Speakers will also be present:
- Dr Augusto Litonjua of Makati Medical Center who will talk on the New Incretins and GLP1 drugs for Diabetes,
- Dr Ricardo Fernando of ISDF on Advances in Diabetes Care,
- DR Estrelle Lopez of UST on Nutrition and Diabetes and
- Dr Gerry H Tan of Cebu Doctors’ University will talk on The Proper Use of Insulin in Diabetes.
Registration will be FREE for the Residents in Training from all hospitals. For Consultants, it will be a nominal fee of only P500 for the 3 day affair. Registration will start at 8:00 to 11:00AM on Friday Aug 10 with the First Luncheon Symposium on Insulin Therapy at 11:30AM to 1:30 PM. There will also be exhibits from our pharmaceutical partners.
This is an opportunity for fellow Cebuano Doctors and neighboring cities and provinces to take part in this grand affair where you will have the chance to ask your personal questions regarding your patients with the experts in the field of Endocrinology.
For questions…please call Dr Gerry H Tan at 032-412-4803 and Dr Marsha Tolentino at 032-412-2767.
Or you can write to me in this website for any inquiries….